Welcome to the Reliance Mutual Fund NRI section.
With India on its way to becoming a superpower in the world economy that is mainly due to two factors: the contribution of Indians around the world and the Indian economy itself. The strong Indian community abroad has contributed through various fields and are one of the most sought after professionals managing some of the top companies around the world.
It has always been our endeavor to serve the NRI Community's growing needs as investors. We have tried to create an exclusive section called “NRI Centre” for your mutual fund query and/or information.
Make the most of the attractive investment opportunities in India. But before you do that know all that you need to know about investing. Here are a few answers to some fundamental questions that you might have in your mind. Keep it handy for reference.
- Tax Rate FY 2018-2019
New provisions for NRI TDS applicable w.e.f. April 1st 2010
In terms of Section 206AA of Income tax Act, 1961, introduced by Finance (No. 2) Act, 2009, w.e.f. 1st April, 2010, notwithstanding anything contained in any other provisions of the mentioned act, any person (including NRI’s ) entitled to receive any sum or income or amount, on which tax is deductible under Chapter XVIIB shall furnish his Permanent Account Number (PAN) to the person responsible for deducting such tax failing which tax shall be deducted at the higher of the following rates, namely:
- at the rate specified in the relevant provision of this Act; or
- at the rate or rates in force; or
- at the rate of twenty per cent.
Under the new provisions the tax will be charged at the higher of the rates mentioned above if the PAN number of the investor is not available / provided by the investor. (The said Tax Rate would be increased by an applicable Surcharge, Education Cess and Secondary Higher Education Cess)
If your PAN is not updated in your folio, we request you to provide us a copy of your PAN along with a request letter mentioning the folio numbers to your nearest Investor Service Centre (ISC)
The copy of the PAN must be attested by any of the following :
- Your current distributor/Broker as reflected in your account statement, with the Distributor Name and ARN
- Manager of a Scheduled Commercial Bank (Name, Designation and Seal should be affixed on the copy).
- Official from the local office of the Indian Embassy / Consulate.
- Self Attestation - you can also carry the Original PAN Card along with self attested photo copies of your PAN Card to any of our Investor Service Centre (Originals will be returned over the counter after verification)
In case you need any further information , please get in touch with your nearest Investor Service centre or contact us on 022-30301111 or 1800 300 11111 or write to us at